SHOULD I ATTEND?
A past participant described the Summer Institute experience as “a kind of retreat where you can really learn about, and talk about, all the stuff that goes along with wealth that nobody ever really talks about. Stuff like trusts with strings, or parents who want you to be some figure in the family business, or spouses who feel odd after marrying into wealth. What sets this group apart from any other is the kind of context they have. The people are warm and honest and non-judgmental. It’s the best way I’ve found to step back and take stock of what I’m doing, and to find friends who really know what the challenges are. They’ve all been there.”
People attend and return to the Summer Institute for many reasons including:
- To experience a non-judgmental environment in which to share personal growth and let down one's guard among friends.
- A desire to reset one's internal compass and become redirected and motivated.
- A chance to find community amongst people who have few positive role models or opportunities for real connection.
- A transforming experience for anyone who wants their life and their family life to have personal meaning.
Consider joining us if:
- You are from or have partnered with or married someone from the second, third, or later generation of a wealthy family and have enough income from inherited wealth that you could live without working, if you so desired;
- You are facing, or will be faced, with issues of inheritance or inherited responsibility;
- You experience inherited wealth as a significant factor in your family dynamics and/or personal psychology; and
- You are in your 20s or older and are willing to change and grow.